July 26, 2013

Smooth-ie Sailing....

We have been on a smoothie train as of late, and LOVING the ride! ;) 
This is my go-to flavour...




I use a big handful of spinach (you can't taste it!!!), a banana for creaminess, low fat vanilla yogurt for sweetness, whole grain oats for making me feel more full, frozen strawberries, blueberries, and orange juice to make the smoothie less thick (and sweetness). It is an awesome energy boost and makes you feel full (and healthy!). Sometimes we also add flax seeds (good source of omega-3 fats and fiber. Flax seeds have anti-inflammatory properties, promote bone health and help protect against heart disease, cancer and diabetes) or wheat germ (rich in B vitamins, essential fatty acids, amino acids, vitamin E and fiber). Both are pretty much undetectable in the smoothies we make, but totally boost the health content to maximum. We have just been totally inspired by the lovely Julia over on YouTube and her Summer Fitness Vlogs. You can find lots of other smoothie recipe ideas in those videos. She loves to add ginger to her smoothies...I have yet to try that....I want to, but I am a little scared! ;) 

Felix is off daycare for the next two weeks starting Monday so lots of activity planning is happening at the moment (more than usual). I have sold my size two cloth diaper lot :( He isn't potty trained yet (getting there, another goal for the next two weeks), but he doesn't like wearing them anymore :( Oh well, one less thing I have to worry about getting sold before we move next Summer! Suitcase real estate is going to be a very precious commodity next Summer (we only get 3 suitcases total and each a small carry on...anything after that I believe is over $200!!! each!!!).

Wishing you an amazing weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.