January 29, 2013

TWO!!!

Our little baby isn't so little anymore...

I made a carrot cake with cream cheese icing...

 I don't know if this is "normal" or not, but I grew up with having a birthday table. On your birthday, the kitchen or living room table was decorated for you and your special day. Sometimes there were streamers, sometimes balloons (or both!) etc...but always, there was cake, a gift or two, cards and a fresh flower of some sort. We have kept this tradition up over the last few years with just the two of us, and now also with Felix.

My 3rd birthday with my brother and sister at my side ready to assist with the candles ;)



The cake was a hit! I was worried about making it (I am not that creative with decorating etc)...but I found a "Thomas the Tank Engine" book at the dollar store and cut out a couple of images, pasted them on popsicle sticks and used them to decorate the cake (along with a couple of candles I found). The "WOW" I got from Felix when he saw it, made my day. 




The balloons were a big hit!


ahhhh...yes...the Christmas jammies....maybe I should have changed him before I took the photos? ;) 


2 comments:

  1. Love that cake!
    www.rsrue.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It was my first attempt at a "theme" cake...I am sure there will be more in my future :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      -Sabine

      Delete

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.