April 5, 2013

Clothing swap, vino and tastiness...

....tonight i am heading out to a friends house. She is hosting a clothing swap and it includes wine and tasty treats to boot! I think this is such a neat idea and definitely will steal it in the future (possibly in Switzerland, with fabulous new Swiss friends and fondu! ;) )
We were all asked to bring clothes that we want to get rid of (excellent idea, especially in the Spring time when everyone seems to be in a purging mood) and some kind of homemade treat. 
I do not have any clothes to bring :( ...I purged everything right before we came down to Ontario and literally only have a few items of clothes with me (and need every piece until we move to Switzerland next year). Being the lovely friend that the hostess is, I am still allowed to participate! YAY! :) 
My homemade treat is chocolate fudge (because, you know, with Easter having just passed...we need more chocolate) and I am bringing mango chutney (locally made) as a hostess gift. I think tonight will be a blast! Have you ever been to or hosted an event like this before? 



I cut it into strips and then into smaller square-ish pieces...I went a little crazy and added marshmallows on the top (more so because I didn't want leftovers in the cupboard that would end up getting eaten in a desperate moment late at night.... ;) 
Fudge recipe:

2/3 of a cup of carnation milk
2 tbsp of butter
1  2/3 of white sugar
1/2 tsp of salt
1 tsp of vanilla extract
2 cups of mini marshmallows 
1 1/2 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips

 Line an eight inch square baking pan with waxed paper...set aside...

Combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter and salt in medium saucepan; bring to rolling boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture starts to thicken. Remove from heat. Stir in marshmallows, chocolate chips and vanilla until marshmallows and chocolate melt and blend.

Pour into prepared pan. Chill until set (about 4-5 hours) and cut! (Store in refrigerator in a sealed container).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blogger template designed By The Sunday Studio.